I love books. This is a blog of the books that I have read both past and present. Each book will receive a quick rundown that includes a rating suggested by me and anyone else in my family who has read the book. I use the school grading system, with A+ being the best, to score the books. If books use profanity or contain inappropriate content I will note this in my summary. Feel free to contact me anytime to talk books and if you live near me I am always willing to loan out my books! amyjcaz@hotmail.com

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The White Giraffe By Lauren St. John

Book Type: Young Adult
Rating: B
Recommended For: All Ages Grade 3+
Genre: Fantasy/Drama
Themes: Africa/ Orphans /Endangered Animals/Family
Main Character: Female
Annotation: After the death of her parents a young girl struggles to adjust to life on her Grandmother's wildlife refuge in Africa. She hears tales of a mystical white giraffe and begins to question the probability that the animal may actually exist. This tale was a bit far fetched for my taste. It was an OK read but it wouldn't be on my top list of recommendations.

No comments:

Post a Comment