I love books. This is a blog of the books that I have read both past and present. Each book will receive a quick rundown that includes a rating suggested by me and anyone else in my family who has read the book. I use the school grading system, with A+ being the best, to score the books. If books use profanity or contain inappropriate content I will note this in my summary. Feel free to contact me anytime to talk books and if you live near me I am always willing to loan out my books! amyjcaz@hotmail.com

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Misadventures of Maude March By Audrey Couloumbus

Book Type: Young Adult
Ratings: Amy gives it an A
Alison gives it an A
Alicia gives it an A

Recommended For: Boys and Girls of all ages Grade 3+

Genre: Western/Adventure

Themes: Orphans/Going West/Girls Disguised as Boys/Gun Slingers

Main Characters: Two sisters-but don't let that keep the boys from reading this one. These ladies are dressed as boys and get in some real hootin' shootin' trouble

Annotation: After being orphaned for a second time, two sisters head out West in search of their long lost uncle.
This Book was Recommended to Me By: Alison

Other Audrey Couloumbus Books: Getting Near to Baby (A+)
Maude March on the Run (Haven't Read yet)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for starting this Amy! I am totally interested in book reccs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you started this blog. I'm always looking for good books for myself and for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo excited for this blog! I loved Maude March and would recommend it to anyone who loves a feel-good, fun, entertaining read (may I add squeaky-clean.) Soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alicia recommended this to me and I just finished it. In the beginning I thought it might be a little too juvenile to keep me interested, but it was just too fun to put down. I loved the characters and it was a quick, clean read. Oh, and I LOVE that you started this blog, can't wait to get your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete