I love books. This is a blog of the books that I have read both past and present. Each book will receive a quick rundown that includes a rating suggested by me and anyone else in my family who has read the book. I use the school grading system, with A+ being the best, to score the books. If books use profanity or contain inappropriate content I will note this in my summary. Feel free to contact me anytime to talk books and if you live near me I am always willing to loan out my books! amyjcaz@hotmail.com

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Notes From the Midnight Driver By Jordan Sonnenblick

Book Type: Young Adult
Rating: A+

Recommended For: Anyone/Any age 4th grade +

Genre: Drama

Themes: Life Lessons/Music

Main Character: Male with Female supporting character
Annotation: After taking his mother's car for a drunken joy ride a young man is given service hours with a cranky old man in a nearby nursing home. I put off reading this one because of the cover...a lawn gnome, really? But I shouldn't have judged this book by it's cover...it is now on my list of favorites. Very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment