I love books. This is a blog of the books that I have read both past and present. Each book will receive a quick rundown that includes a rating suggested by me and anyone else in my family who has read the book. I use the school grading system, with A+ being the best, to score the books. If books use profanity or contain inappropriate content I will note this in my summary. Feel free to contact me anytime to talk books and if you live near me I am always willing to loan out my books! amyjcaz@hotmail.com

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Starry Safari By Linda Ashman

Book Type: Picture Book
Rating: Amy gives it an A+
Branson (age 20 months) gives it an A+
Recommended for: 18 months and Up and Up and Up!
Annotation: I LOVE this book. I find myself hoping that Branson will want me to read it to him for a second time. After Cayden (age 12) read it to Branson he said, "Mom, this book is really, really good! It's addicting." I am pretty picky when it comes to rhyming in a child's picture book. I can't stand it when the words don't quite rhyme or the timing doesn't jive. Linda Ashman does a great job both telling a story (that has an adorable and unpredictable ending) and creating an upbeat rhyme that has both you and your child dancing to the beat. As the little girl travels through the jungle Jeff Mack's illustrations are bright and whimsical. Throw in a jeep that beeps, animals that chase and roar and you've got yourself a new classic favorite!

1 comment:

  1. Amy, I am so glad you started this site! I love getting book recommendations, and I love your descriptions and ratings. I know some other people who would benefit from this site too--I'll be passing along the address.

    ReplyDelete