I love books. This is a blog of the books that I have read both past and present. Each book will receive a quick rundown that includes a rating suggested by me and anyone else in my family who has read the book. I use the school grading system, with A+ being the best, to score the books. If books use profanity or contain inappropriate content I will note this in my summary. Feel free to contact me anytime to talk books and if you live near me I am always willing to loan out my books! amyjcaz@hotmail.com

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Single Shard By Linda Sue Park

Book Type: Young Adult
Rating: A+
Recommended For: All Ages Grade 4+
Genre: Multicultural/Historical Fiction
Themes: Orphans/ Homelessness/ Pottery
Main Character: Male
Annotation: As a teenage orphan struggles to survive in his "home" under a bridge, he dreams that one day he will become a famous Korean potter. This is my number one favorite book of all time. While I don't normally enjoy historical fiction this book is an exception. The story is full of life and the characters have a depth you don't find in every piece of literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment