I love books. This is a blog of the books that I have read both past and present. Each book will receive a quick rundown that includes a rating suggested by me and anyone else in my family who has read the book. I use the school grading system, with A+ being the best, to score the books. If books use profanity or contain inappropriate content I will note this in my summary. Feel free to contact me anytime to talk books and if you live near me I am always willing to loan out my books! amyjcaz@hotmail.com

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins

Book Type: Young Adult
Rating: A


Recommended For: Older Grades 5/6 +


Genre: Action, Adventure


Themes: Survival, Murder, Death, Friendship


Main Character: Female with Male Supporting Role


Annotation: A young woman's land must send one person a year to participate in the Hunger Games. The whole books focuses on the Games: drawing the names for the game, preparing for the games, competing in the games and life shortly after the games. A battle to the death, the games are exciting and not too gory but I wouldn't let my 3rd grader read this book. A lot of people are murdered. I personally love the survival element in this book as each contestant tries to out last all the rest. It is well written and captivating but I have to admit that the very ending was a disappointment. The book is a series and it does leave several questions unanswered...I can't stand that.


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to read this one! It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Catching Fire came out today and I have it! I'll be letting you know how it goes. Still more questions, I bet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED this book. The end was definitely disappointing...especially if you didn't know it was a series. I expected it, so it didn't bother me too much. I can't wait to get my hands on the next one. I just wish I wouldn't hear about really good books until the series is all done being written! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to get the new one, especially knowing it's out!! This was such a great book, but yeah, the ending definitely left something to be desired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, ahve you read the rest yet? Loved this series and so did all 3 of my boys

    ReplyDelete