I love books. This is a blog of the books that I have read both past and present. Each book will receive a quick rundown that includes a rating suggested by me and anyone else in my family who has read the book. I use the school grading system, with A+ being the best, to score the books. If books use profanity or contain inappropriate content I will note this in my summary. Feel free to contact me anytime to talk books and if you live near me I am always willing to loan out my books! amyjcaz@hotmail.com

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ruby Holler By Sharon Creech

Book Type: Young Adult
Rating: A+
Recommended For: Anyone who likes a feel-good story.
Genre: drama
Themes: Orphans, Relationships, Wilderness Living
Main Characters: Teenage brother and sister/ Older husband and Wife
Annotation: Sharon Creech is one of my favorite authors of all time and this is one of my favorite reads. While a brother and sister are planning their escape from a dead-end orphanage, an elderly husband and wife discuss leaving their cabin for a condo in the city. The four lives come together to create a touching story about love, acceptance and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment