I love books. This is a blog of the books that I have read both past and present. Each book will receive a quick rundown that includes a rating suggested by me and anyone else in my family who has read the book. I use the school grading system, with A+ being the best, to score the books. If books use profanity or contain inappropriate content I will note this in my summary. Feel free to contact me anytime to talk books and if you live near me I am always willing to loan out my books! amyjcaz@hotmail.com

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Rockabye Farm By Diane Johnston Hamm


Book Type: Picture Book
Rating: A+
Recommended For: Toddlers and Early Preschool
Annotation: We have had this book ever since Anderson was a toddler and each of my kids have loved it. A farmer starts his evening by rocking his little baby. When the baby is asleep the farmer rocks the dog, then the chicken, all the way through the farm animals. Finally after everyone is sleeping the farmer rocks himself to sleep. Although the books doesn't rhyme the writing is short and catchy so children can easily repeat the lines on each page. Now, we own the first book shown on this post. I don't know why they changed illustrators (maybe it is because in our book the pig kind of resembles a cow.) This will become an instant favorite for your young child and it has been deemed a classic in our house.


1 comment:

  1. Looks cute! Katie is running around here and as soon as she saw the cover of the book she started pointed and getting excited about it. It was cute.

    ReplyDelete