I love books. This is a blog of the books that I have read both past and present. Each book will receive a quick rundown that includes a rating suggested by me and anyone else in my family who has read the book. I use the school grading system, with A+ being the best, to score the books. If books use profanity or contain inappropriate content I will note this in my summary. Feel free to contact me anytime to talk books and if you live near me I am always willing to loan out my books! amyjcaz@hotmail.com

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Boy With A Drum

Book Type: Little Golden Book

Rating: A+

Recommended for: Children who love rhymes and animals
Annotation: A little boy sets out one morning with his little toy drum, "Rat-a-tat-tat-a-tat Rum-a-tum-tum." Along the way various animals join him, making their specific sounds as they go. By evening there is a whole parade headed over the hill. First published in 1969, this was my favorite book when I was young. I keep my copy tucked away to protect its worn, rounded corners and well loved pages. My children have a duplicate copy that they can enjoy...it is that good. In fact...I have a copy that I found at a thrift store last week and if anyone wants to claim it...first person gets it.

1 comment: