I love books. This is a blog of the books that I have read both past and present. Each book will receive a quick rundown that includes a rating suggested by me and anyone else in my family who has read the book. I use the school grading system, with A+ being the best, to score the books. If books use profanity or contain inappropriate content I will note this in my summary. Feel free to contact me anytime to talk books and if you live near me I am always willing to loan out my books! amyjcaz@hotmail.com

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Princess Academy By Shannon Hale


Book Type: Young Adult
Rating: A+
Recommended For: Girls in Reading level 4th grade and up
Genre: Fantasy
Themes: Magic, Romance, Prince and Princesses, friendship
Main Character: Female Teen
Annotation: This is a delightful book. A young girl is sent to an academy where she and all her friends are trained how to be princesses so that the Prince can choose one of them for a wife. Shannon Hale does an excellent job of sharing a story with added depth and feeling. I didn't want it to end. She is also successful in weaving a bit of magic into the story and she keeps it believable. There is a touch of romance but nothing that isn't appropriate for the younger reader. If you are looking to purchase Princess Academy, be aware that it can be found in two different covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment