I love books. This is a blog of the books that I have read both past and present. Each book will receive a quick rundown that includes a rating suggested by me and anyone else in my family who has read the book. I use the school grading system, with A+ being the best, to score the books. If books use profanity or contain inappropriate content I will note this in my summary. Feel free to contact me anytime to talk books and if you live near me I am always willing to loan out my books! amyjcaz@hotmail.com

Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Year Down Yonder By Richard Peck

Book Type: Young Adult
Sequel To: A Long Way From Chicago
Amy's Rating: A+ I liked this one more than A Long Way From Chicago
Amy's Mom Rating: A+
Recommended For: All Ages 3rd Grade and Up
Genre: Comedy/Adventure
Themes: Family, Adventure, Small Town Life
Main Character: Teen Girl, Grandma
Annotation: When Mary-Alice returns to live with her Grandma for the entire year, more amazing adventures await her. Her extended visit is filled with escapades and moonlit outings, romance, and all kinds of people made to look foolish in front of Grandma Dowdel. A truly hilarious read, A Year Down Yonder is just as good as the first book (and I think even better)

1 comment: