I love books. This is a blog of the books that I have read both past and present. Each book will receive a quick rundown that includes a rating suggested by me and anyone else in my family who has read the book. I use the school grading system, with A+ being the best, to score the books. If books use profanity or contain inappropriate content I will note this in my summary. Feel free to contact me anytime to talk books and if you live near me I am always willing to loan out my books! amyjcaz@hotmail.com

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Stolen Children By Peg Kehret

Book Type: Young Adult
Amy's Rating: A
Anderson's Rating (14): C "Not scary enough, too young"
Recommended for: Grades 2-6
Genre: Action
Themes: Babysitting, Kidnapping, Survival
Main Character: Teen Girl
Annotation: After Amy and the young toddler she is babysitting are kidnapped she knows it is up to her to keep them safe. Peg Kehret always manages to get your heart beating but this book is definitely on a juvenile level. The kidnappers aren't super mean. They threaten the girls but not very roughly and although I enjoyed it this book is better suited for younger readers who want action without the scary stuff. I recommend anything from Peg Kehret who is actually from Washington state and that is most ofter the setting of her books.

1 comment: